Business Development Manager
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
As a prominent Iridium® Satellite Value-Added Reseller (VAR) focused on data services, 'metOcean telematics' is a leader in the satellite communications industry. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with our partners spanning the globe as experts in these fields. We have a long history of assisting our customers with integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. From Unmanned Surface Vehicles to Autonomous Underwater Vehicles or Buoys and Profilers, our team understands the challenges you face when integrating and deploying your device. We work with you to ensure your data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible.
Additionally, we develop and manufacture state-of-the-art data acquisition and telemetry systems. 'metOcean telematics' has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems. 'metOcean telematics' marine focused products have been developed to support niche markets in a wide variety of scientific and commercial fields. These markets include Oil and Gas, Search and Rescue (SAR), Oceanographic, Meteorological, Military, Polar, ARGO Program, Aquaculture and Port Authorities.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our clientele. The object of the BD Manager is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients. The ideal candidate will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy. This position will take the lead on developing new business opportunities for our telematics business unit.
To qualify for this role, you must be a top sales performer with a passion for technology and innovative business solutions. Previous industry experience is an asset, but not essential for success in this role. What is essential is the ability to source quality business leads and create lasting client relationships. To do this, you will be a superior communicator, a creative problem solver, and an assertive decision maker. Most importantly, you are someone who sets the bar high and who demands results.
- Seek business opportunities for firm with a focus on new markets.
- Drive new revenue by utilizing strong networking skills to create opportunities and partnerships for metOcean telematics.
- Spend significant time outside the office making contacts
- Organize, plan, schedule, and manage the company’s sales efforts
- Determine sales objectives to meet company wide goals
- Represent the firm at the highest level to clients, peer organizations, and business associates
- Make teaming commitments related to business development on behalf of the company
- Work with inside sales staff to develop proposals
- Maintain a high profile in professional and community organizations
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- The Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years related experience in Sales/Business Development
- Previous experience working in the telecommunications/telemetry industry preferred
- Experience in the telecommunications/telemetry industry
- Professional demeanor that enables the person to interact with the highest levels both inside and outside the firm
- Basic business management skills
- By example, sets a standard of professional competence
- Good organizational skills
- Track record of proactively creating and maintaining strong internal and external relationships with centers of influence, team members, and management
- Self-Starter with proven ability to proactively engage with leaders and facilitate discussions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Willingness and ability to travel often.
metOcean telematics offers a competitive compensation package along with RRSP matching and a 100% employer paid benefits plan.
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Business Development Manager as subject title.