Business Development Manager
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on niche MetOcean solutions and custom Defence and Security products.
MetOcean Telematics for more than four decades has a history of assisting domestic and international customers with integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. From Unmanned Surface Vehicles to Autonomous Underwater Vehicles, the team understands the challenges end-users face when integrating and deploying remote instrumentation and M2M devices. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet.
MetOcean Telematics also develops and manufacture state-of-the-art data acquisition and telemetry systems. The Company has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems. MetOcean Telematics marine focused products have been developed to support niche markets in a wide variety of scientific and commercial fields. These markets include Oil and Gas, Search and Rescue (SAR), Oceanographic, Meteorological, Military, Polar, ARGO Program, Aquaculture and Port Authorities.
MetOcean Telematics requires an ambitious and energetic Business Development professional to help us expand our clientele in the Canadian Government sector. The objective of the BD Manager is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with government clientele. The ideal candidate will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy. This position will take the lead on developing new business opportunities for our telematics business unit.
To qualify for this role, you must be a top sales performer with a passion for technology and innovative business solutions. Previous industry experience in telemetry, telephony and/or telematics services is necessary for success in this role. The ability to source quality business leads and create lasting client relationships is also essential. To do this, you must be a superior communicator, a creative problem solver, and an assertive decision maker. Most importantly, you are someone who sets the bar high and who demands results.
The Business Development Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Support and expand on business opportunities with the Canadian Government sector.
- Drive new revenue by utilizing strong networking skills to create opportunities and partnerships for MetOcean Telematics.
- Spend significant time outside the office making contacts.
- Organize, plan, schedule, and manage the company’s Canadian Government sales efforts.
- Determine sales objectives to meet company-wide goals.
- Represent the company at the highest level to clients, peer organizations, and business associates.
- Make teaming commitments related to business development on behalf of the company.
- Work with inside sales staff to develop proposals.
- Maintain a high profile in professional and community organizations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- The Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years related experience in Sales/Business Development specifically with Government agencies
- Previous experience working in the telecommunications/telemetry industry.
- Self-Starter with proven ability to proactively engage with leaders and facilitate discussions.
- Preference will be given to Bi-Lingual candidates (Fluent in English and French)
- A professional demeanor and ability to interact with the highest levels both inside and outside the organization.
- Good organizational skills, basic business management skills.
- Track record of proactively creating and maintaining strong internal and external relationships with centers of influence, team members, and management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to obtain CANADA and NATO security clearance.
MetOcean Telematics offers a competitive compensation package along with RRSP matching and a 100% employer paid benefits plan.
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Business Development Manager as the subject title.