Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
As a prominent Iridium® Satellite Value-Added Reseller (VAR) focused on data services, 'metOcean telematics' is a leader in the satellite communications industry. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with our partners spanning the globe as experts in these fields. We have a long history of assisting our customers with integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. From Unmanned Surface Vehicles to Autonomous Underwater Vehicles or Buoys and Profilers, our team understands the challenges you face when integrating and deploying your device. We work with you to ensure your data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible.
Additionally, we develop and manufacture state-of-the-art data acquisition and telemetry systems. 'metOcean telematics' has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems. 'metOcean telematics' marine focused products have been developed to support niche markets in a wide variety of scientific and commercial fields. These markets include Oil and Gas, Search and Rescue (SAR),
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance & Administration.
- Oversee and manage the financial reporting function including monthly, quarterly, annual financial statements
- Oversee and lead budget and forecasting process
- Interface with sales team to develop revenue models, reports, dashboards, and other tools
- Provide financial analysis as needed
- Cash flow management
- Review internal controls, identify deficiencies and recommend improvements
- Manage other accounting, finance, and special project responsibilities as required
- Management and supervision of accounting staff
- Professional Accounting designation
- 3 - 5 years professional experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience using SYSPRO 6.1 and other accounting platforms
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to evaluate effective solutions
- Exceptional organizational skills adhering to timelines and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders – colleagues, customers, and external stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Corporate Controller as subject title.