Desktop Support Technician
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
As a prominent Iridium® Satellite Value-Added Reseller (VAR) focused on data services, 'metOcean telematics' is a leader in the satellite communications industry. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with our partners spanning the globe as experts in these fields. We have a long history of assisting our customers with integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. From Unmanned Surface Vehicles to Autonomous Underwater Vehicles or Buoys and Profilers, our team understands the challenges you face when integrating and deploying your device. We work with you to ensure your data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible.
Additionally, we develop and manufacture state-of-the-art data acquisition and telemetry systems. 'metOcean telematics' has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems. 'metOcean telematics' marine focused products have been developed to support niche markets in a wide variety of scientific and commercial fields. These markets include Oil and Gas, Search and Rescue (SAR), Oceanographic, Meteorological, Military, Polar, ARGO Program, Aquaculture and Port Authorities.
We are currently looking for a Desktop Support Technician to work in our Dartmouth office. This position will be responsible for providing desktop and application support to metOcean computers and software. This will include setups of new equipment, upgrades to software, troubleshooting hardware and software issues. The candidate will work independently and in conjunction with the Network Manager to provide support to metOcean staff.
- Install new equipment (desktops, laptops, printers etc);
- Software installs and upgrades;
- User account creation (Active Directory, Office 365, etc)
- Password resets
- Troubleshooting and resolving end user issues relating to their computers, printers, phones, etc;
- Assist with larger projects relating to the company network and servers;
- Liaise with vendors to order new equipment and software;
- Updating company documentation
- Post secondary training in a related field;
- A+ Certification, or equivalent hardware experience;
- Microsoft certifications would be an asset
- Basic understanding of networking (IP addressing, troubleshooting utilities like Ping, IPCONFIG, etc)
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Multitasking skills;
- Logical troubleshooting skills;
- Experience with current Microsoft products and operating systems;
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
metOcean telematics offers a competitive compensation package along with RRSP matching and a 100% employer paid benefits plan.
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Desktop Support Technician as subject title.