Director of Business Development
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
As a prominent Iridium® Satellite Value-Added Reseller (VAR) focused on data services, 'metOcean telematics' is a leader in the satellite communications industry. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with our partners spanning the globe as experts in these fields. We have a long history of assisting our customers with integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. From Unmanned Surface Vehicles to Autonomous Underwater Vehicles or Buoys and Profilers, our team understands the challenges you face when integrating and deploying your device. We work with you to ensure your data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible.
Additionally, we develop and manufacture state-of-the-art data acquisition and telemetry systems. 'metOcean telematics' has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems. 'metOcean telematics' marine focused products have been developed to support niche markets in a wide variety of scientific and commercial fields. These markets include Oil and Gas, Search and Rescue (SAR), Oceanographic, Meteorological, Military, Polar, ARGO Program, Aquaculture and Port Authorities.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for initiating and driving business development opportunities that are aligned with the corporate strategic plan for growth and expansion. The individual will manage the metOcean telematics Business Development team and as well with various departmental leads to ensure that all functional issues are considered when evaluating business development opportunities. The individual will develop and maintain industry contacts with external organizations to keep well informed of industry trends and business development opportunities.
- Assess growth opportunities through data gathering and analysis of economic, competitor, financial and industry information.
- Identify and develop a strategy to prioritize business development activities based on customer considerations - current, potential, influencers, etc.
- Develop relationships and manages communication with key external stakeholders including business partners and influencers.
- Lead a team of Business Development professionals. This will include setting targets and objectives, managing performance and provide mentoring.
- Develop key activity reports and scorecards to provide line-of-sight into on-going opportunity development efforts, opportunity status, potential threats, requirements and key to success for senior management.
- Represents the Company at industry events, local government and public relations to promote its presence, products and services
- Seek business opportunities for firm with a focus on new markets.
- Drive new revenue by utilizing strong networking skills to create opportunities and partnerships for metOcean telematics.
- Spend significant time outside the office making contacts.
- Organize, plan, schedule, and manage the company’s sales efforts.
- Determine sales objectives to meet firm wide goals.
- Organize and manager a client satisfaction program.
- Represent the firm at the highest level to clients, peer organizations, and business associates.
- Work with inside sales and technical staff to develop proposals.
- Direct training of marketing staff and technical staff on BD-related issues.
- Maintain a high profile in professional and community organizations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A MBA degree with Minimum of 15 years of relevant sales or business development experience
- Professional demeanor that enables the person to interact with the highest levels both inside and outside the organization.
- Previous experience working in the telecommunications (telemetry) Industry preferred
- Excellent leadership/managerial and mentoring/teaching skills
- Basic business management skills
- By example, sets a standard of professional competence
- Good organizational skills
- Track record of proactively creating and maintaining strong internal and external relationships with centers of influence, team members, and management
- Self-Starter with proven ability to proactively engage with leaders and facilitate discussions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Willingness and ability to travel often
metOcean telematics offers a competitive compensation package along with RRSP matching and a 100% employer paid benefits plan.
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Director of Business Development as subject title.