Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
As a prominent Iridium® Satellite Value-Added Reseller (VAR) focused on data services, 'metOcean telematics' is a leader in the satellite communications industry. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with our partners spanning the globe as experts in these fields. We have a long history of assisting our customers with integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. From Unmanned Surface Vehicles to Autonomous Underwater Vehicles or Buoys and Profilers, our team understands the challenges you face when integrating and deploying your device. We work with you to ensure your data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible.
Additionally, we develop and manufacture state-of-the-art data acquisition and telemetry systems. 'metOcean telematics' has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems. 'metOcean telematics' marine focused products have been developed to support niche markets in a wide variety of scientific and commercial fields. These markets include Oil and Gas, Search and Rescue (SAR), Oceanographic, Meteorological, Military, Polar, ARGO Program, Aquaculture and Port Authorities.
The Front End developer is responsible for building and maintaining the front end, or client-side portion of our web-based applications. This will encompass all application views that a user interacts with. The job also involves working closely with back-end developers to implement their serve-side work.
- Design, maintain, and improve user experience for the company’s backend systems including web-based and desktop applications
- Optimize applications to improve performance
- Design mobile-based functionalities and features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Collaborate with the software development team members to discuss and improve the web applications’ usability and user experience
- Engage with existing back-end systems and development standards
- 3+ years of experience with Front-End development specific to web, desktop and mobile applications
- Excellent User interface design skills, for both desktop and web applications
- Experience in ASP.NET MVC is an asset
- Ability to promote usability and user experience best practices
- Experience in AngularJS is an asset.
- Knowledge about object oriented design and programming skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- High energy level with the ability to think creatively - passionate about the business
- A sample profile for work completed is required
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Front-End Developer as subject title.