Inside Sales Representative
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
As a prominent Iridium® Satellite Value-Added Reseller (VAR) focused on data services, 'metOcean telematics' is a leader in the satellite communications industry. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with our partners spanning the globe as experts in these fields. We have a long history of assisting our customers with integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. From Unmanned Surface Vehicles to Autonomous Underwater Vehicles or Buoys and Profilers, our team understands the challenges you face when integrating and deploying your device. We work with you to ensure your data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible.
Additionally, we develop and manufacture state-of-the-art data acquisition and telemetry systems. 'metOcean telematics' has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems. 'metOcean telematics' marine focused products have been developed to support niche markets in a wide variety of scientific and commercial fields. These markets include Oil and Gas, Search and Rescue (SAR), Oceanographic, Meteorological, Military, Polar, ARGO Program, Aquaculture and Port Authorities.
Reporting to the Manager, Inside Sales, the Inside Sales Representative will be an integral member of the overall Sales Team, providing revenue generation through contact with both installed base and new customers.
The Inside Sales Representative will ensure that the following goals are met.
- Achieve revenue goals as set-out by Manager.
- Generate sales leads for the Outside Account Managers. Identify key players and generate interest.
- Act as a product subject matter expert for customers.
- Through Web Sessions, develop and initiate customer seminars so that both VAR (Value Added Resellers) as well as end users can stay informed and up to date on product value proposition, specific to each and every product and service.
On a scheduled basis, the Inside Sales Representative will:
- Source/qualify new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-ups.
- Contact installed base end users of products and potential new customers in order to:
- Solicit orders for equipment, upgrades and maintenance services;
- Provide customer knowledge on products and services;
- Understand customer satisfaction levels by conducting brief surveys by phone/internet; and
- Arrange web-based customer sessions to showcase products and offerings.
Achieve the revenue goals assigned on a quarterly basis by:
- Directly supporting Outside Sales Managers including providing quotes to clients, assembling technical documentation and other requests as needed;
- Routing qualified opportunities to Outside Sales Manager for further follow-up and closure [i.e. product sales outside of the scope of this role];
- Assists in maintaining Salesforce client and account contact information;
- Work closely with other departments to create and maintain a proper customer database; and
- Understand the PO process and be able to support the Manager, Inside Sales in this regard.
- College Diploma in Business or Technical field – or equivalent training/work experience.
- Ideally, has at least one successful year in an Inside Sales role or has at least two years’ experience in the technical sales engagement process (either through direct selling, marketing or a pre-sales position).
- Is proficient with MS Applications especially, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Is familiar with the Salesforce CRM system (or has worked with similar systems and can come quickly up-to-speed on Salesforce).
- Has the aptitude to understand the full breadth of products and solutions.
- Is extremely self-sufficient and can deliver necessary work with minimal supervision.
- Has a passion for sales, and is extremely dynamic and confident.
- Has a strong sense of customer service.
- Understands selling strategies, including selling solutions and problem resolution.
- Comfortable interfacing directly with customers.
- Is able to sell remotely, using both telephone and/or the internet.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, and can share ideas with peers and management in order to create additional revenue opportunities.
- Able to travel internationally, if required.
- Proficiency in a language other than English is an asset.
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Inside Sales Representative as subject title.