Junior Test Automation Engineer
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on niche MetOcean solutions and custom Defence and Security products.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. From Unmanned Surface Vehicles to Autonomous Underwater Vehicles, the team understands the challenges end-users face when integrating and deploying remote instrumentation and M2M devices. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet.
MetOcean Telematics also develops and manufacture state-of-the-art data acquisition and telemetry systems. The Company has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems. MetOcean Telematics marine focused products have been developed to support niche markets in a wide variety of scientific and commercial fields. These markets include Oil and Gas, Search and Rescue (SAR), Oceanographic, Meteorological, Military, Polar, ARGO Program, Aquaculture and Port Authorities.
Our head office is located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. The proximity of our facility to the ocean is of prime importance to our plant. Both the Bedford Basin at the head of Halifax Harbor, and the nearby open ocean provide a test facility no lab or test tank can duplicate. Our facilities have recently expanded to occupy a facility of over 40,000 sq. ft. of space that is divided into offices, labs, prototyping facilities, electronics assembly/storage and mechanical assembly. Approximately 20,000 sq. ft. of our space is strictly dedicated for use as manufacturing space.
Reporting to the Product and System Verification Team Lead, the Jr. Test Automation Engineer will be a key member in supporting MetOcean’s product development strategy, ensuring the quality and integrity of released products is maintained.
- Be a key member of the product development team working alongside the hardware, firmware and software engineering teams to provide both verification and validation support.
- Design and develop automated test platforms consisting of various measurement instruments, satellite communication products and control software.
- Continually develop and architect a software platform that controls the test stations, executes test plans and interfaces to the products and web applications.
- Use and gain detailed knowledge of development best practices, design patterns, test equipment and ocean technology products
- Create, develop and execute test plants for a range of MetOcean products
- Responsible to ensure the embedded hardware and backend applications meet MetOcean’s quality standards before market release
- Provide valuable input to the design of new products and to the continual improvement efforts of existing designs.
- B.Eng in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Preference is given to new graduates who have had relevant work experience
- Capable of programming software in C# and Python
- Understands basic electronic designs, reading schematics and embedded designs
- Passionate about learning new technologies and both design & test methodologies
- Someone who wants to continually introduce improvements and work within a team environment
- Great communication skills, aptitude for being practical and has attention to detail
A competitive compensation
100% Employer paid group benefits
Corporate gym membership rates
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Junior Test Automation Engineer as subject title.
Check us out http://www.metocean.com/