Manufacturing – Test Engineer
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on niche MetOcean solutions and custom Defence and Security products.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. From Unmanned Surface Vehicles to Autonomous Underwater Vehicles, the team understands the challenges end-users face when integrating and deploying remote instrumentation and M2M devices. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet.
MetOcean Telematics also develops and manufacture state-of-the-art data acquisition and telemetry systems. The Company has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems. Our marine focused products have been developed to support niche markets in a wide variety of scientific and commercial fields. These markets include Oil and Gas, Search and Rescue (SAR), Oceanographic, Meteorological, Military, Polar, ARGO Program, Aquaculture and Port Authorities.
Our head office is located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. The proximity of our facility to the ocean is of prime importance to our plant. Both the Bedford Basin at the head of Halifax Harbor, and the nearby open ocean provide a test facility no lab or test tank can duplicate. Our facilities have recently expanded to occupy a facility of over 40,000 sq. ft. of space that is divided into offices, labs, prototyping facilities, electronics assembly/storage and mechanical assembly. Approximately 20,000 sq. ft. of our space is strictly dedicated for use as manufacturing space.
Our growing product development department is currently looking for a Test Engineer, to perform product verification, who not only possesses the necessary technical skills and experience but is an excellent team contributor and self starter.
- Take ownership of the development and implementation of a manufacturing test platform for MetOcean’s product portfolio within the manufacturing facility
- Design and build automated/semi-automated test solutions for products within manufacturing; including the procurement of test equipment and the coding of test control software
- Ensure PCBA’s, electronic sub-assembly’s, RF communication devices, mechanical housings are properly tested and assembled by utilizing automated testing and tracking software
- Architect and maintain a manufacturing test database (SQL)
- Program software tools for the analysis of yields, throughput rates and measurement data
- Work with the product development department to ensure products are designed for manufacturing and can properly be tested, calibrated and debugged
- Work with other manufacturing team members to continually improve our manufacturing test times, production throughput and test coverage
- Monitor and generate reports for product yields and other KPI’s
- Provide ongoing test and product support, working closely with all members of the operations team
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role or utilizing similar skill sets
- Solid coding skills, capable of developing windows based software applications
- Experience with creating and utilizing SQL databases
- Ability and eagerness to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of electronics and circuit design along with possessing a mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in the principles of testing and test automation technologies
- Some knowledge of statistical process control and standard operational theory
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with the .Net platform (either C# or VB)
- Experience with JTag and implementing boundary scan
- Working with contractors to build bed of nail solutions for PCA testing
- Harness and cabling testing
- Working with RF enabled products in wireless testing environments
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Manufacturing – Test Engineer as subject title.