Production – Test Engineer
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
As a prominent Iridium® Satellite Value-Added Reseller (VAR) focused on data services, 'metOcean telematics' is a leader in the Iridium® satellite communications industry. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with our partners spanning the globe as experts in these fields. We have a long history of assisting our customers with integrating Iridium® hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. From Unmanned Surface Vehicles to Autonomous Underwater Vehicles or Buoys and Profilers, our team understands the challenges you face when integrating and deploying your device. We work with you to ensure your data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible.
Additionally, we develop and manufacture state-of-the-art data acquisition and telemetry systems. 'metOcean telematics' has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems. 'metOcean telematics' marine focused products have been developed to support niche markets in a wide variety of scientific and commercial fields. These markets include Oil and Gas, Search and Rescue (SAR), Oceanographic, Meteorological, Military, Polar, ARGO Program, Aquaculture and Port Authorities.
Our growing product development department is currently looking for a Test Engineer, to perform product verification, who not only possesses the necessary technical skills and experience but is an excellent team contributor and self starter.
- Own the development and maintenance of metOcean’s production test solution (locally onsite)
- Develop software controlled production test stations for metOcean Telematics products
- Converting engineering recommendations into production ready test, tracking and calibration solutions
- Build and administer a production test/tracking database solution
- Continually improve our production test times, production throughput and test coverage
- Monitor product yields and returns to improve test coverage
- Provide ongoing test and product support, working closely with all members of the operations team
- Interact with the engineering team to ensure products adhere to the industry standards for DFT and DFM
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Software Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Capable of developing windows based software applications
- Experience with creating and utilizing SQL databases
- Ability and eagerness to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of electronics and circuit design along with possessing a mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in the principles of testing and test automation technologies
- Some knowledge of statistical process control and standard operational theory
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with the .Net platform (either C# or VB)
- Experience with JTag and implementing boundary scan
- Working with contractors to build bed of nail solutions for PCA testing
- Harness and cabling testing
- Working with RF enabled products in wireless testing environments
- Standard techniques
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Production – Test Engineer as subject title.