Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
As a prominent Iridium® Satellite Value-Added Reseller (VAR) focused on data services, 'metOcean telematics' is a leader in the satellite communications industry. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with our partners spanning the globe as experts in these fields. We have a long history of assisting our customers with integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. From Unmanned Surface Vehicles to Autonomous Underwater Vehicles or Buoys and Profilers, our team understands the challenges you face when integrating and deploying your device. We work with you to ensure your data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible.
Additionally, we develop and manufacture state-of-the-art data acquisition and telemetry systems. 'metOcean telematics' has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems. 'metOcean telematics' marine focused products have been developed to support niche markets in a wide variety of scientific and commercial fields. These markets include Oil and Gas, Search and Rescue (SAR), Oceanographic, Meteorological, Military, Polar, ARGO Program, Aquaculture and Port Authorities.
metOcean’s product development department is a high performing and highly motivated group of professionals that prides itself on continually delivering innovative solutions. The design and development of telematics solutions requires a diverse engineering department working closely together. Comprised of various engineering disciplines; including electrical, mechanical, firmware and software application developers, the team relies on effective communication and teamwork to succeed.
The product development department is currently looking for a senior hardware design engineer that not only possesses the necessary technical skills and experience but is an excellent team contributor and self starter.
- Own the hardware design & development of new products
- Generate new product specifications
- Assist in the maintenance and upgrades of existing products
- Research cutting edge technologies for application in new and existing products
- Component selection, schematic capture and PCB layout guidance
- Work closely with the firmware and mechanical teams when developing new products
- Support testing and regulatory approval
- Minimum B.Eng in Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years experience in electronics hardware design
- Low power embedded system design
- RF design experience
- Understanding of EMC/EMI principles
- Embedded antenna design
- Familiarity with GPS, Bluetooth, Iridium, RF LOS and cellular an asset
- Experience with Altium an asset
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Senior Hardware Design Engineer as subject title.