Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on niche MetOcean solutions and custom Defence and Security products.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. From Unmanned Surface Vehicles to Autonomous Underwater Vehicles, the team understands the challenges end-users face when integrating and deploying remote instrumentation and M2M devices. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet.
MetOcean Telematics also develops and manufacture state-of-the-art data acquisition and telemetry systems. The Company has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems. MetOcean Telematics marine focused products have been developed to support niche markets in a wide variety of scientific and commercial fields. These markets include Oil and Gas, Search and Rescue (SAR), Oceanographic, Meteorological, Military, Polar, ARGO Program, Aquaculture and Port Authorities.
Our head office is located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. The proximity of our facility to the ocean is of prime importance to our plant. Both the Bedford Basin at the head of Halifax Harbor, and the nearby open ocean provide a test facility no lab or test tank can duplicate. Our facilities have recently expanded to occupy a facility of over 40,000 sq. ft. of space that is divided into offices, labs, prototyping facilities, electronics assembly/storage and mechanical assembly. Approximately 20,000 sq. ft. of our space is strictly dedicated for use as manufacturing space.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Account Manager – Inside Sales will be an integral member of the overall Sales Team, providing revenue generation through contact with both installed base and new customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve revenue goals as set-out by Manager.
- Generate sales leads for the Business Development Managers.
- Act as a product subject matter expert for customers.
- Through Web Sessions, develop and initiate customer seminars so that both VAR (Value Added Resellers) as well as end users can stay informed and up to date.
- Source/qualify new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-ups.
- Contact installed base end users of products and potential new customers in order to:
- Solicit orders for equipment, upgrades and maintenance services;
- Provide customer knowledge on products and services;
- Understand customer satisfaction levels by conducting brief surveys by phone/internet; and
- Arrange web-based customer sessions to showcase products and offerings.
- Directly supporting Outside Sales Managers including providing quotes to clients, assembling technical documentation and other requests as needed;
- Routing qualified opportunities to Territory Manager for further follow-up and closure [i.e. product sales outside of the scope of this role];
- Assist in maintaining Salesforce client and account contact information;
- Work closely with other departments to create and maintain a proper customer database; and
- Support the Inside Sales Manager in the PO process.
- 2-3 years in an Inside Sales role or has at least three years’ experience in the technical sales engagement process (either through direct selling, marketing or a pre-sales position).
- Bachelors in Business Administration/Commerce preferred.
- Experience in the telecommunications considered and asset.
- Is proficient with MS Applications especially, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Is familiar with the Salesforce CRM system (or has worked with similar systems and can come quickly up-to-speed on Salesforce).
- Has the aptitude to understand the full breadth of products and solutions.
- Is extremely self-sufficient and can deliver necessary work with minimal supervision.
- Has a passion for sales, and is extremely dynamic and confident.
- Has a strong sense of customer service.
- Understands selling strategies, including selling solutions and problem resolution.
- Comfortable interfacing directly with customers.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, and can share ideas with peers and management in order to create additional revenue opportunities.
- Able to travel internationally, if required.
- Proficiency in a language other than English is an asset.
A competitive compensation
100% Employer paid group benefits
Corporate gym membership rates
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Account Manager -Inside Sales as subject title.