Junior Account Manager – Security
Location: Ottawa, ON
Employment: Permanent – Full Time
Looking to build your career in sales and love building relationships? Come see why we were listed as one of Canada’s top Small and Medium Employers!
I have never heard of MetOcean Telematics. What do you do?
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider, designer and manufacturer of satellite IoT enabled solutions. MetOcean’s products span across oceanographic & environmental monitoring equipment, naval targeting and covert surveillance markets.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world.
What does a Junior Account Manager do at MetOcean Telematics?
Reporting to the Business Development Manager (Security) the Junior Account Manager – Security (JRAM) is a self motivated and driven. This role must be focused on maintaining a consistent volume of outbound calls, emails and social touches to successfully achieve the goal of growing new business as well as exceeding current clients needs.
As a member of the Security Business Unit Team, the JRAM will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with assigned customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. You must have excellent communication skills both over the phone and through email. You must love to build relationships and make strong value-based connections with customers and prospects.
What does a typical day look like for a Junior Account Manager?
- The majority of your day would be spent maintaining communication and ensuring multiple conversations with prospects daily.
- Manage Salesforce and follow up on hot leads.
- Serve as primary interface between partner and MetOcean departments to resolve sales, financial and operational issues.
- Develop customer knowledge in MetOcean products and services.
- Arrange web-based and on-site customer sessions to showcase products and offerings.
- Follow MetOcean’s Administrative Sales Process with daily updates and opportunity tracking in SalesForce.
- Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly sales forecasting and planning.
- Work closely with other departments to create and maintain the customer database.
- Other Account Manager tasks as needed.
What do I need to be qualified?
- 1-3 years of sales/client management/relationship building.
- Minimum high school diploma; university or post-secondary education preferred with a focus in sales/marketing.
- Strong technical product knowledge.
- Ability to call high within the prospect organizations and relate business issues to the meaningful dialogue around solutions.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Aptitude to understand the full breadth of MetOcean Telematics products and solutions.
- Is proficient with MS Applications especially, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Familiar with the Salesforce CRM system.
- Experience selling to security organizations is considered an asset.
What are some of the perks?
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing
- RRSP matching of 4%
- Extensive Vacation and Personal Day policy
- Competitive Employer paid Group Benefits
- Employee Monthly Social Events
- Professional Development and Training opportunities
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Junior Account Manager – Security as subject title.