Location: Dartmouth, NS Employment:
Permanent – Full Time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data, and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on niche MetOcean marine solutions and custom defense and security products.
For more than four decades, we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The Company has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environmental monitoring, vessel tracking, and defense & security systems.
Our head office is in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager – Telematics, the Account Manager- Telematics is an integral member of the overall Sales Team, providing revenue generation through contact with existing customers.
The Account Manager- Telematics will ensure the long-term success of our customers while working towards growing business with current clients and potential new clients. The Account Manager – Telematics will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with assigned customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. You will liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to the customer’s needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as a guide and strategic partner to customers by becoming intimately knowledgeable of their key business challenges
• Responsible for the health of the customer relationship and success for both the customer and MetOcean.
• Responsible for achieving the goals as identified in your personal sales plan.
• Develop customer knowledge in MetOcean products and services
• Arrange web-based and on-site customer sessions to showcase products and offerings.
• Follow the MetOcean Sales Process with daily updates and opportunity tracking in Salesforce
• Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly sales forecasting and planning.
• Work closely with other departments to create and maintain the customer database
Skills and Qualifications Required
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 3-5 years of technical client management/relationship experience
• Strong interest in telematics, solid understanding of leading and emerging mobile technologies along with working knowledge of Android, Apple & Windows Operating Systems.
• Excellent problem solving, problem resolution & analytical skills.
• A quick learner with the ability to comprehend and explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
• Solid communication skills along with the ability to build and manage trusting relationships with large enterprises.
• Ability to multitask and balance competing requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proactive and ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
• Take and lead initiatives to successfully complete assigned projects.
• Is proficient with MS Applications especially, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
• Experience with Salesforce CRM system (asset)
• Available to travel internationally if required
• Salary + Semi-Annual Commission
• RRSP employer matching of 4%
• 100% Employer paid group benefits
• Continued Education + Training
• Team Building activities
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Account Manager –
Telematics as subject title.