Location: Whiteley, UK
Employment: Permanent – Full Time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete
end-to- end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with
a focus on niche MetOcean marine solutions and custom defence and security products.
For more than four decades, we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing
and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean
Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest
and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The Company has been a world leader
in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, vessel tracking and defence &
Our head office is in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager (Telematics Canada) the Business Development Manager – Telematics (BDM) is a self-motivated and driven. This role must be focused on maintaining a consistent volume of outbound calls, emails, and social touches to successfully achieve the goal of growing new business as well as exceeding current clients needs.
As a member of the Telematics Business Unit Team, the BDM will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with assigned customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. You must have excellent communication skills both over the phone and through email. You must love to build relationships and make strong value-based connections with customers and prospects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Most of your day would be spent maintaining a high daily call volume (outbound) and ensuring
multiple conversations with prospects daily.
• Manage Salesforce and follow up on hot leads.
• Serve as primary interface between partner and MetOcean departments to resolve sales,
financial and operational issues.
• Develop customer knowledge in MetOcean products and services.
• Arrange web-based and on-site customer sessions to showcase products and offerings.
• Follow MetOcean’s Administrative Sales Process with daily updates and opportunity tracking in
• Participate in weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales forecasting and planning.
• Work closely with other departments to create and maintain the customer database.
• Minimum Travel required.
• Other Account Manager tasks as needed.
Skills and Qualifications Required
• A degree in a related field is advantageous
• 5+ years of technical sales account management /relationship building experience
• Experience working with IoT, broadband experience is required
• Someone who has previously worked in the Satellite communication market is ideal
• Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of management
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong technical product knowledge
• Ability to call high level managers within the prospect organizations and relate business issues to
the meaningful dialogue around solutions.
• Excellent communication both written and verbal.
• Aptitude to understand the full breadth of MetOcean Telematics products and solutions.
• Is proficient with MS Applications especially, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• Familiar with the Salesforce CRM system.
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus closure over the Christmas period
• Pension – employer matching from 4.5% up to 9%
• Private Medical Insurance – currently with BUPA
• Income protection for long term absence
• Workshops and Continued Training
• Team Building activities
Please submit your CV via our ATS system, by clicking on the link below. CV’s will be reviewed
regularly, and initial telephone interviews arranged with suitable candidates.