Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider, designer, and manufacturer of satellite IoT enabled solutions. MetOcean’s products span across oceanographic & environmental monitoring equipment, naval targeting, and covert surveillance markets.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Embedded Software the Test Engineer will work within the Embedded Software Team (Developer in Test) and will hold a key position to implement and execute rigorous testing on MetOcean’s embedded products. This position requires an individual who is eager to understand and explore embedded communication products and would like to develop software that automates the behavior of the devices and test equipment.
- Develop automated test harnesses that can execute thousands of automated test cases
- Effectively locate, report, articulate and recreate bugs
- Quickly learn new technologies and software languages
- Work with the hardware and embedded software developers in understanding the products and desired product functionality
- Monitor the industry for new and improved methods of embedded product testing
- Continually introduce improvements to MetOcean’s test capabilities
- Work independently and navigate problems with confidence
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of exposure to test development or embedded product development
- Possess a high standard for quality and performance with a keen eye for detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that can quickly articulate complex problems and ides
- Strong programming skills that can be utilized to develop test code and test structures
- Understanding of embedded environments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Strong problem-solving skills that can be challenged every day
- High energy level with the ability to think creatively – passionate about the technology
- Experience with C# and NUnit
- Knowledge of industry-standard test methodologies
- Experience with Jira
- Developed software that controlled external peripherals and devices
- Knowledge of satellite, cellular communications, and GNSS
- Experience with mobile application development
- Experience developing Java applications
- Competitive compensation
- RRSP matching of 4%
- 100% Employer paid group benefits
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Test Engineer as the subject title.
Check us out http://www.metocean.com/