Location: Dartmouth, NS
Employment: Permanent – Full Time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data, and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with
a focus on niche MetOcean marine solutions and custom defense and security products.
For more than four decades, we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications.
MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The Company has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environmental monitoring, vessel tracking, and defense & security systems.
Our head office is in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Software and Applications within the Engineering Department, the Backend Software Developer’s main responsibility will be for the design, implementation of backend web applications. The Backend Software Developer is expected to present and discuss new technical ideas with the team, propose the right approach to ongoing projects, and ensure delivery of a quality product.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Full-Stack Software Developer is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following:
• Design and implement .Net based platforms (front-end and back-end ) using the latest standards and industry best practices
• Design and implement applications that are intuitive to use
• Debug and troubleshoot web applications while owning the software’s quality
• Ensure system reliability and scalability
• Collaborate with the software development team members to discuss and implement development priorities
• Independently write well designed testable code with unit tests
• Engage with existing back-end systems
• Interact with cross-functional engineering teams across MetOcean for cohesive product development
Skills and Qualifications Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, Master’s degree is an asset
• 6+ years of experience with web software development
• Experience with server-side web frameworks such as ASP.NET, RESTful API, Swagger
• Strong object-oriented design and programming skills using .Net
• Excellent knowledge of server query languages (SQL) and database design
• Experience in Integration with Front End frameworks, React
• Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
• Strong problem-solving skills
• High energy level with the ability to think creatively – passionate about the business
• Knowledge of satellite and terrestrial communications (asset)
• Experience with mobile application development (asset)
• Salary + Semi-Annual Commission
• RRSP employer matching of 4%
• 100% Employer paid group benefits
• Continued Education + Training
• Team Building activities
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Backend Software Developer as the subject title.