Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider, designer, and manufacturer of satellite IoT enabled solutions. MetOcean’s products span across oceanographic & environmental monitoring equipment, naval targeting, and covert surveillance markets.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean
Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world.
Reporting to the VP, Sales & Business Development, the Business Development Manager (BDM) for our Ocean Systems will drive sustainable financial growth by boosting new sales and
forging strong relationships with new clientele.
The BDM will be the face of the company, meeting new clients/partners and attending conferences and trade shows. This position will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy and take the lead on developing new business opportunities for our products and services.
• You must have a PASSION for sales and enjoy hunting for new business.
• Support and expand on new business opportunities in the Global Market.
• Spend significant strategic time outside the office pursuing new prospect and partner opportunities.
• Drive new revenue by utilizing strong networking skills to create opportunities and partnerships for MetOcean Telematics.
• Source, foster, and manage new and existing partner re-seller relationships
• Organize, plan, schedule, and manage the company’s sales efforts.
• Determine own sales objectives to meet company-wide goals.
• Represent the company at the highest level to clients, peer organizations, and business associates.
• Make teaming commitments related to business development on behalf of the company.
• Work with BDR, AM’s & Application Engineering to share ideas and learn from each other.
• Maintain a high profile in professional and community organizations.
• Follow the MetOcean Sales Process with daily updates and opportunity tracking in SalesForce
• Participate in weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales forecasting and planning.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field.
• 5 – 7 years of experience in Sales/Business Development.
• Ocean technology experience.
• A self-starter who is results-driven, competitive, professional and a team player
• Strong business acumen with a passion for Technology.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Ability to travel Domestically & Internationally up to 50%
• Proven ability to proactively engage with leaders and facilitate discussions.
• A professional demeanor and ability to interact with the highest levels both inside and outside the organization.
• Strong organizational and business management skills.
• Successful in proactively creating and maintaining strong internal and external relationships with centers of influence, team members, and management.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
• Ability to obtain CANADA and NATO security clearance.
• Industry experience is an asset.
• Technical Sales Experience
• Knowledge of satellite & cellular communications
• Salary + variable uncapped commissions
• RRSP employer matching of 4%
• 100% Employer paid group benefits
• Workshops and Continued Training
• Team Building activities
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Business Development Manager as subject title.