Location: Canada – Remote option available.
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on niche MetOcean marine solutions and custom defence and security products.
For more than four decades, we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The Company has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environmental monitoring, vessel tracking and defence & security systems.
Our head office is located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
We are in search of an ambitious and energetic Business Development professional to help us expand our clientele in the satellite communications industry. The objective of the BD Manager is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clientele. The ideal candidate will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy. This position will take the lead in developing new business opportunities for our telematics business unit.
To qualify for this role, you must be a top sales performer with a passion for technology and innovative business solutions. Previous industry experience in telemetry, telephony and/or telematics services is necessary for success in this role. The ability to source quality business leads and create lasting client relationships is also essential. To do this, you must be a superior communicator, a creative problem solver, and an assertive decision maker. Most importantly, you are someone who sets the bar high and who demands results.
The Business Development Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Support and expand on business opportunities with the Global Market.
- Drive new revenue by utilizing strong networking skills to create opportunities and partnerships for MetOcean Telematics.
- Spend significant time outside the office making contacts.
- Organize, plan, schedule, and manage the company’s sales efforts.
- Determine sales objectives to meet company-wide goals.
- Represent the company at the highest level to clients, peer organizations, and business associates.
- Make teaming commitments related to business development on behalf of the company.
- Work with inside sales staff to develop proposals.
- Maintain a high profile in professional and community organizations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- The Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years related experience in Sales/Business Development in telematics or telecommunications industry, preferably Satellite communications.
- Previous experience working in the telecommunications/telemetry industry.
- Self-starter with proven ability to proactively engage with leaders and facilitate discussions.
- A professional demeanour and ability to interact with the highest levels both inside and outside the organization.
- Good organizational skills, basic business management skills.
- Track record of proactively creating and maintaining strong internal and external relationships with centres of influence, team members, and management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to obtain CANADA and NATO security clearance.
- A competitive compensation
- RRSP Matching
- 100% Employer paid group benefits
- Corporate gym membership rates
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@MetOcean.com with Business Development Manager – Telematics as the subject title.