Location: Wickham, United Kingdom
Type of employment: Permanent – Full-time
About MetOcean Telematics
We are global leaders in Satellite IoT-enabled solutions and we design and manufacture in our head office in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. We are a global provider of innovating full spectrum telemetry products, options, and solutions for the environment, marine, defense, and security clients. Our mission is to connect the world without limits. We ensure critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world. We value collaboration, innovation, achievement, and connection. We are a growing organization and looking for talented individuals to join our growing team.
For more than four decades, we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. The Company is a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, vessel tracking and defence & security systems.
About the Role
Reporting to the VP, Sales & Marketing the Business Development Manager is a self-motivated and driven. This role must be focused on maintaining a consistent volume of outbound calls, emails, and social touches to successfully achieve the goal of growing new business as well as exceeding current clients needs.
As a member of MetOcean, you will be responsible for managing an existing customer base, and developing new customers within existing markets, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. You must have excellent communication skills both over the phone and through email. You must love to build relationships and make strong value-based connections with customers and prospects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a high daily call volume (outbound) and ensuring multiple conversations with prospects daily
- Manage a team of Account Manager
- Manage Salesforce and follow up on hot leads
- Serve as primary interface between partner and MetOcean departments to resolve sales, financial, and operational issues
- Develop customer knowledge in MetOcean products and services
- Arrange web-based and on-site customer sessions to showcase products and offerings
- Follow MetOcean’s Administrative Sales Process with daily updates and opportunity tracking in Salesforce
- Participate in weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales forecasting and planning
- Work closely with other departments to create and maintain the customer database
- Travel required within UK and Europe, possibly Middle East, and Africa
- Other BD/AM tasks as needed
What you’ll bring:
- A degree in a related field is advantageous
- 10+ years of technical sales account management /relationship building experience
- Experience working with law enforcement, intelligence, military, and security end users
- Experience working with IoT, broadband experience is required
- Previous experience and expertise in the satellite and military communication market is ideal
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong technical product knowledge
- Ability to call high level managers within the prospect organizations and relate business issues to the meaningful dialogue around solutions
- Aptitude to understand the full breadth of MetOcean security, telematics, and military communications products and solutions
- Proficiency with MS Applications especially, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with the Salesforce CRM system
- 25 days annual leave per annum plus closure over the Christmas period
- Pension – employer matching from 4.5% up to 9%
- Private Medical Insurance – currently with BUPA
- Income protection for long term absence
- Workshops and Continued Training
- Team Building activities
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable being themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
MetOcean Telematics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Are you interested?
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore, we look forward to hearing from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume with Business Development Manager as the subject line to HR@metocean.com
Check us out http://www.metocean.com/