Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider, designer, and manufacturer of satellite IoT enabled solutions. MetOcean’s products span across oceanographic & environmental monitoring equipment, naval targeting, and covert surveillance markets.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean
Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world.
Reporting to the VP, Sales & Business Development, the Business Development Representative (BDR) will be an integral member of the overall Sales Team, providing revenue generation through
contacting prospects, qualifying opportunities and fulfilling inside-sales account responsibilities.
The BDR’s role is to be the first contact with MetOcean, communicating our vision and the benefits of working with us. The BDR will listen and understand the business challenges and pains, qualify our ability to assist and make a warm handoff to the Business Development Manager.
As a BDR, you will have a direct impact on the Sales Team’s success as you qualify prospects into the sales pipeline and execute on inside sales activities. This role is a great fit for you if you are a natural relationship builder, motivated, persistent, inquisitive, and a result-driven individual. This role provides a great career path to Account Management.
• Clearly communicate (both written and verbally) the business value of all MetOcean products and understand how we compare with other solutions
• Well versed in telling the corporate story – “Who is MetOcean Telematics?”
• Understand our core business value and how to qualify interest.
• Research the stakeholders and the business to find out how our products and services can add value to prospects.
• Be persistent about follow-ups, qualifying warm leads, finding the decision-maker, and the business need.
• Responsible for creating a lasting first impression with our prospects, as well as collaborate effectively with the Business Development Managers.
• Proactive approach to your own development by building exceptional knowledge of the MetOcean products and work closely with the Sales Consulting team to ensure exceptional customer service to prospects.
• Pursue and fulfill inbound sales opportunities.
• Prospect, qualify, and hand-off new sales opportunities.
• Follow the MetOcean Sales Process with daily updates and lead/opportunity tracking in SFDC
• Participating in weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales forecasting and planning.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration /or equivalent technical education and experience
• 2-3 years of Sales experience
• Must have a passion for Technology/Technical Sales
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Self–motivated individual with persistence and drive to succeed
• Strong interpersonal skills, innovative attitude, flexible, proactive, service-minded and strong team player
• Excellent relationship building skills
• Aptitude to understand the full breadth of our products and solutions.
• Proficient with MS Applications especially, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• Familiar with the Salesforce CRM system
• Knowledge of Industry
• Technical Sales Experience
• Knowledge of satellite & cellular communications
• Salary + variable uncapped commissions
• RRSP employer matching of 4%
• 100% Employer paid group benefits
• Workshops and Continued Training
• Team Building activities
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Business Development Representative as the subject title.