Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Type of Employment: Full Time, Permanent
We are seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with industry experience. Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will participate in key decision making pertaining to financial strategic initiatives. The CFO will be responsible for the leadership of the Finance and IT departments. As an integral member of the management team, the CFO will influence the strategic direction of the organization. The CFO will need to provide financial leadership, operational support and strategic decision-making in developing and implementing financial strategies while overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities of our organization.
- Create and evaluate the financial performance of the organization with regard to long term and short term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts
- Collaborate with all managers and senior leadership to develop strategic plans for all aspects of the organization
- Oversee continuous analysis of various organizational activities and performance to ensure efficiency
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with employees, managers, and leadership
- Oversee the Accounting and IT team to ensure proper execution and maintenance of all accounting systems and functions
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting
- Support multiple simultaneous projects and provide financial support and insights
- Analyze risks and opportunities and recommend business and financial strategies and actions
- Liaison with external professionals in banking, insurance, and law
- Oversee adequacy of internal controls and, based on experience, expertise, and knowledge of industry-leading practices and trends, implement process improvement aimed at efficiency
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Chartered Accountant accreditation CA, CPA or CMA
- Proven experience as a CFO, finance officer or relevant role (5+ years)
- Excellent knowledge of forecasting methods and data analysis
- Ability to implement internal controls over financial reporting to support reporting requirements
- Solid business acumen with the ability to strategically align departmental goals to company objectives and targets
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, communication and execution skills
- Experience working with key internal/external stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to influence, engage and empower
- Lead by example through employee engagement
- Competitive compensation & Incentive plan
- RRSP matching of 4%
- 100% Employer paid group benefits
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on MetOcean Telematics marine solutions and custom defense and security products. We have assisted customers, worldwide, with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications.
MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The Company is a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environmental monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Chief Financial Officer as the subject title.