MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on niche MetOcean marine solutions and custom defence and security products.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The Company has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defence and security systems.
Our head office is located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada with frequent travel to the Internationally.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and as a critical member of the Executive Leadership team, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) plays a pivotal role in shaping strategy as well as guiding the future growth and development of the company. With responsibility for the delivery of all projects, the COO directs the team and resources to ensure the company has the right structure, people and functional capabilities to achieve its strategic growth while safeguarding the company’s assets and financial stability.
Key Responsibilities and Priorities
- Providing sound overall management of business operations through effective leadership and prudent operational and financial management (including finance, project costing, human resources, marketing, technology, and administration).
- Demonstrating a collaborative leadership style which encourages the professional development, growth, teamwork, and morale of all staff.
- In close collaboration with the CEO, the COO will help to develop strategic plans to achieve organizational goals and measure progress by implementing and monitoring proper KPI’s.
- Oversee the product development roadmap to ensure innovation outcomes are achieved.
- Managing budget and expenses across operations.
- Ensuring sufficient capacity and capability within Operations to deliver on the strategic plan.
- Balancing current and near-term results with long-term sustainability and capability development.
- Providing active leadership and coaching to the management team as they implement the strategic plan and facilitate the resolution of operational issues.
- Overseeing the effective allocation of resources and strategizing on capability or capacity issues.
- Overseeing and ensuring the sound fiscal management of project operations.
- Cultivating leadership skills and developing a culture that supports the attraction, development and retention of talent.
- Managing and cultivating sound relationships with existing customers, vendors and other key stakeholders.
- Leading change management that results in improved client service, productivity and operational efficiency and implementing performance benchmarks which measure progress and promote accountability.
As the ideal candidate, you have senior leadership experience at the executive level within a technologically advanced manufacturing and product development environment, along with demonstrated business, operations and financial acumen. A professional engineering designation and MBA along with international business experience are preferred. You have a high degree of integrity and honesty, consistently lead by example, and use a visible management style to develop a collegial culture within your team. A skilled collaborator and change leader, you seek opportunities for continuous improvement to organizational workflow and operational processes. You have a successful track record identifying and driving value in an organization, as well as a reputation for being a trusted business advisor who fosters strategic organizational growth and development. You have demonstrated strong fiscal and budgetary management and experience resolving operational issues in a client-centric environment. You have natural interpersonal and communication skills and can build seamless working relationships with leaders across an organization. Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills you possess natural confidence but are low ego and are known as a candid team player who is open-minded and patient in your approach to business.
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@MetOcean.com with Chief Operating Officer as the subject title.