Desktop Developer – IoT
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on niche MetOcean marine solutions and custom defense and security products.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The Company has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems.
Our head office is located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
MetOcean’s Product Development department is a tightly knit cross-functional group comprising of highly talented firmware engineers, mechanical designers and hardware engineers. MetOcean is looking to develop a satellite centric IoT platform; interoperable with the emerging IoT standards of the cellular and WAN markets.
What you will do: you will be contributing towards new product development by the IoT team with your software development expertise. The role will also involve interacting with your IoT team members and other internal functional teams; this demands excellent written and verbal communication skills. As part of a small high performing group, your work will have a significant impact on the success of the team and its products.
- Develop world class commercial desktop software for satellite centric IoT devices
- Create desktop tools for embedded developers and customers who are integrating MetOcean’s IoT devices
- Interact with cross-functional engineering teams across MetOcean for cohesive product development
- Participate in design reviews and collaborate closely with the IoT embedded developers
- Build robust methodologies and processes to deliver high quality products
- Take ownership of critical design and development functions of the products and systems
- Ensure the software you create is testable and maintainable
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering / Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills using C#
- Interfacing with peripheral devices via USB, Bluetooth and/or Serial
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of satellite and terrestrial communications is an asset
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn and a great team player
- Experience writing testable software
- Experience with continuous integration systems (TeamCity; Jenkins ) and deployment is a real plus, as is experience with automated testing
- Excellent user interface design skills for desktop applications
- Client/server applications
- Experience with cellular connectivity, Bluetooth (BLE)
- Knowledge of GNSS (GPS)
- Familiar with REST API’s
- Knowledge of MQTT, AMQP and other IoT protocols
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing
- RRSP matching
- 100% Employer paid group benefits
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Firmware Developer – IoT as subject title.
Check us out http://www.metocean.com/