Head Office: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of Employment: Full time, Permanent
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on niche MetOcean solutions, custom defence and security products.
MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The company has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environmental monitoring, vessel tracking and defence & security systems.
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with internal and external stakeholders, the Director, Sales and Business Development (MetOcean Telematics) is responsible for maintaining and expanding relationships with strategically important customers and for ensuring that the Sales department has all the tools, resources, and systems to achieve their sales revenue targets.
In this capacity, the Director, Sales and Business Development (MetOcean Telematics) manages support functions essential to sales productivity and success. These include planning; reporting; aiding in quota setting for the Sales department; leading and developing a team; providing support to facilitate opportunity conversion; sales process optimization; sales program implementation; providing input to sales compensation design and administration; and the assistance in recruitment and selection of sales personnel.
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales employee engagement
- Evaluate the success of sales programs and implement changes/improvements to ensure goals are achieved – increasing results and growing the business in revenue and profit in MetOcean Systems & Telematics Business Units
- Set sales targets and accurately forecast annual, quarterly, and monthly revenues
- Develop, coach and mentor an established sales team to ensure targets are met and surpassed
- Analyze business processes and collaborate with Sales Department to identify opportunities to streamline processes, and measure results of activities.
- Continue to build on the existing performance management process to build a strong pipeline of new business opportunities
- Analyze sales activity and trends to provide realistic forecasts and increase your team’s output
- Provides input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs for the Inside Sales department
- Represent the company at various trade shows, industry events and other, including speaking engagements and webinars to build a strong reputation and brand
- Ability to travel locally as well as internationally on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Complete performance reviews and create Professional Development Plans for each member of the team
Qualifications & Experience
- University Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- 10+ years experience in Sales Management, Business Development & Leadership
- Industry Experience in Telematics, Satellite Communications and/or Meteorological and Oceanographic Technology
- Local industry experience is considered an asset
- Experience developing sales strategies, tactics, and performance metrics
- Experience in working with an enterprise CRM system
- Ability to effectively manage a cross-functional team
- Thorough understanding of the Sales cycle and associated processes
- Proven ability to effectively interact with Senior Executives
- Advanced computer application skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Exceptional written/oral communication skills in English (proficiency in another language is an asset)
- Strong presentation and training skills
- Experience and/or ability to travel internationally and North America
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing
- 4 % RRSP matching
- 100% Employer paid group benefits (excluding LTD)
Please submit a cover letter and resume with Director, Sales and Business Development (MetOcean Telematics) as the subject title to HR@metocean.com .