Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider, designer and manufacturer of satellite IoT
enabled solutions. MetOcean’s products span across oceanographic & environmental monitoring
equipment, naval targeting and covert surveillance markets.
For more than four decades, we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing
and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean
Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest
and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world.
The Electronic Technologist position resides within our Manufacturing Engineering
team and is responsible for assisting with various projects from the project origination,
through the testing phase, and ultimately transitioning to the Production Line. Reporting to
the Lead Manufacturing Technician, this position is responsible for testing and
troubleshooting returned customer product, identifying potential quality issues and product
improvement opportunities. We are looking for an experienced Electronic Technologist to
help improve MetOcean’s overall product and service quality. This role will be responsible for the
assembly, testing, troubleshooting, and repair of a wide variety of electronics or
electro- mechanical parts.
• Develop manufacturing and/or test instructions and jigs to support the Production Line
• Assemble, test, inspect, troubleshoot and repair a wide range of electronics or electro-
mechanical parts, sub-assemblies or assemblies in support of the Production Line
• Apply experience and knowledge to provide timely testing and troubleshooting on products
• Compile and analyze records, statistics and formulate reports as required
• Implement engineering changes including accessing information, communicating to team members
and maintaining configuration of the build
• Support the Production Line in maintaining line quality and output in accordance with
• Perform investigations for workmanship non-conformances and provide improvement
• Run tests or fault diagnostics on equipment to locate and address problems; order parts if
needed and replace or repair circuit boards.
• Maintain detailed records of validity tests and software upgrades.
• Perform routine scheduled preventive maintenance on electronic equipment and keep log
• Communicate with co-workers to co-ordinate work and to exchange information about procedures
and technical problems.
Skills and Qualifications Required
• 1 – 3 years of electronics experience
• Interpret assembly and schematic drawings to troubleshoot technical problems with
subassemblies and finished products.
• Strong Skills in electronic (Printed Circuit Board Assembly troubleshooting) required
• Able to read, understand and execute setup instruction provided by Engineer.
• Able to interact with their supervisor to receive work assignments and to troubleshoot
assembly and quality problems.
• Able to work independently and/or work with a partner to complete large or complex jobs as
required. Work in a team environment under the direction of a supervisor as required.
• Possess drive and motivation to continuously learn and to maintain a current knowledge of
equipment technology, electronics and safety.
• Able to interact with co-workers such as equipment operators, quality managers and shop
supervisors to share information on equipment modifications and defects.
• Engineering Electronics Technician or Technologist training would be an asset
• Prior soldering experience would be an asset
• Prior experience using/troubleshooting electronic test sets would be an asset
Competencies and Attributes
• Solutions Based
• Hand on
• Multi tasking
• Strong communication skills – verbally and written
• Team Player
• RRSP Matching at 4%
• 100% Employer paid group benefits
• Life Insurance
• Corporate gym membership rate
• Generous vacation policy – paid time off over the holidays
• Personal Days
• Monthly Team Building activities
Please submit cover letter and resume with Electronic Technologist as subject title to