Location: Dartmouth, NS or Ottawa, ON (we have offices in both location)
Type of employment: Full Time
Benefits: MetOcean provides employees with excellent total compensation including profit sharing, an RRSP matching, 100% employer-paid group benefits, extensive vacation, and personal days.
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider, designer, and manufacturer of satellite and cellular IoT enabled solutions. MetOcean’s products span across oceanographic & environmental monitoring equipment, naval targeting, and covert surveillance markets.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications, designed innovative hardware products, and created industry-leading software and situational awareness solutions. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is created, transmitted, received, processed,
analyzed, and visualized in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world.
Come join one of Canada’s Top Small/Medium Employers! https://www.canadastop100.com/sme/
The Front-End Developer is responsible for building and maintaining the front end, or client-side a portion of our web-based applications. This will encompass all application views that a user interacts with. The job also involves working closely with back-end developers to implement their server-side work.
• Design, maintain, and improve user experience for the company’s backend systems including web-based and desktop applications
• Optimize applications to improve performance
• Design mobile-based functionalities and features
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Collaborate with the software development team members to discuss and improve the web applications’ usability and user experience
• Engage with existing back-end systems and development standards
• 3+ years of experience with Front-End development specific to web, desktop and mobile applications
• Excellent User interface design skills, for both desktop and web applications
• Experience with Restful API, MVC
• Strong experience with ReactJS and OpenLayers
• Experience in C#/ASP.NET Razor Pages is an asset
• Experience with mobile cross platform development supporting iOS and Android smartphones is an asset
• Ability to promote usability and user experience best practices
• Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
• Strong problem solving and communication skills
• High energy level with the ability to think creatively – passionate about the business
• A sample profile for work completed is required
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Front-End Developer as subject title.