Location: Dartmouth, NS (Burnside)
Type of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
About MetOcean Telematics
MetOcean Telematics is one of Nova Scotia’s and Atlantic Canada’s Small & Medium Top Employer!
We are leaders in Satellite IoT-enabled solutions and design and manufacture products right here in Dartmouth, NS. We are a global provider of innovating full spectrum telemetry products, options, and solutions for the environment, marine, defense, and security clients.
Our mission is to connect the world without limits. We ensure critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world. We value collaboration, innovation, achievement, and connection. We are a growing organization and looking for talented individuals to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Director of Software & Applications within the Engineering Department, your main responsibility will be the design and implementation of both front-end and back-end web applications. You are expected to present and discuss new technical ideas with the team, propose the right approach to ongoing projects, and ensure the delivery of a quality product.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement .Net based platforms (front-end and back-end) using the latest standards and industry best practices
- Design and implement Mobile Applications with React Native
- Design and implement applications that are intuitive to use
- Debug and troubleshoot web applications while owning the software’s quality
- Ensure system reliability and scalability
- Collaborate with the software development team members to discuss and implement development priorities
- Independently write well designed testable code with unit tests
- Engage with existing back-end systems
- Interact with cross-functional engineering teams across MetOcean for cohesive product development
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with server-side web frameworks such as NET, RESTful API, Swagger
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills using .Net
- Proven proficiency in generating new code from scratch or adding to existing code
- Excellent knowledge of server query languages (SQL) and database design
- Excellent User interface design skills, for web applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced individual and collaborative environment
- Ability to own assigned tasks from design to delivery
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High energy level and positive attitude with the ability to think creatively – passionate about the business
- Agile Methodologies such as Jira Sprints, releases (Asset)
- Experience with build servers and continuous integration (Asset)
- Knowledge of Mobile App development; Native or Hybrid (Asset)
- Employer RRSP Matching of 4%
- 100% Employer paid group benefits
- Corporate gym membership rate
- Generous vacation + personal day policies + paid time off over the holidays
- Training and Development
- Monthly Team Building activities
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable being themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, and all cultures are respected. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
MetOcean Telematics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Are you interested?
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore, we look forward to hearing from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume with Full Stack Developer as the subject line to HR@metocean.com
Check us out http://www.metocean.com/