Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia (Burnside)
Type of Employment: Full -Time/Permanent
Our mission is to connect the world without limits. We ensure critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world. We value collaboration, innovation, achievement, and connection. We are a growing organization and looking for talented individuals to join our growing team. Role: We are looking for a highly skilled, enthusiastic, and self-driven individual to join our team in the role of Information Systems Administrator within our IT department. The successful candidate will play an important role in the support of day-to-day operations at MetOcean by making contributions to corporate IS projects and initiatives by managing our key information systems. You will have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that encourages your development. We support an inclusive environment that values diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide system administrator support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
• Configure, troubleshoot and support of Active Directory, Microsoft 365 Online, SharePoint, Teams, One Drive for Business, Cloud App Security, and • SQL server management including the SQL Server Report Studio to help build and maintain analytical reports.
• Manage the Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP system and billing platform(s). Supporting and customizing the systems to match business needs.
• Within the ERP system create dashboards, connect additional systems, drive automation and support optimizing business processes.
• Help perform necessary installations, upgrades, patches, security updates, and service packs on system and computers
• Assist in managing users, groups, and licenses
• Collaborate with the other IT members in general support activities
• Continually stay up to date with the advancements and best practices in IS administration What you’ll bring
• Post secondary training in a related field or equivalent experience
• 3 + years experience maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting a Microsoft Windows networking environment
• Experience customizing business information systems such as an ERP
• Capable of interfacing with various cross-functional teams, understanding their business processes and generating automated solutions
• Experience with VMWare Virtualization
• Good understanding of networking principals and general IT security
• Ability to work independently while collaborating within small team
• Great troubleshooting skills
• Must be available for occasional after hours on-call or on-site support during systems maintenance, and/or emergencies
• Microsoft certifications an asset
• A+ Certification, or equivalent hardware experience an asset
• Employer RRSP Matching of 4%
• 100% Employer paid group benefits
• Corporate gym membership rate
• Generous vacation + personal day policies + paid time off over the holidays
• Training and Development
• Monthly Team Building activities
About MetOcean Telematics
MetOcean Telematics is one of Nova Scotia’s and Atlantic Canada’s Small & Medium Top Employer!
We are leaders in Satellite IoT enabled solutions and we design and manufacture right here in Dartmouth, NS. We are a global provider of innovating full spectrum telemetry products, options, and solutions for environment, marine, defence and security clients.
Our mission is to connect the world without limits. We ensure critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world. We value collaboration, innovation, achievement, and connection. We are a growing organization and looking for talented individuals to join our growing team.
Every Voice Matters We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different. MetOcean Telematics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Are you interested?
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore, please submit a resume and a brief explanation on how your experience makes a good match for this role with Information Systems Administrator as the subject line to HR@metoceanc.om