Information Technology (IT) Specialist
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on niche MetOcean marine solutions and custom defense and security products.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The Company has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems.
Our head office is located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
We are currently looking for an Information Technology (IT) Specialist to work in our Dartmouth office. This position will be responsible for providing ongoing desktop and application support to MetOcean computers and software. This will include setups of new equipment, upgrades to software, troubleshooting network, hardware and software issues. The candidate will work independently and in conjunction with the Network Manager to provide support to MetOcean staff.
Reporting to the Network Manager, the Information Technology (IT) Specialist will:
- Install new equipment (desktops, laptops, printers etc);
- Support the onboarding of new hires. Responsible to making sure all onboarding steps are completed before new hire start date.
- Software installs and upgrades;
- User account creation (Active Directory, Office 365, etc) and password resets
- Troubleshooting and resolving end user issues relating to their computers, printers, phones, etc;
- Assist with larger projects relating to the company network and servers;
- Liaise with vendors to order new equipment and software;
- Develop and maintain a hardware inventory of computer accessories (cables,keyboards/mice, spare laptops, etc). Purchasing more items when needed.
- Post secondary training in a related field;
- Minimum of 3 plus years’ experience with maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting of a Microsoft Windows domain based environment
- A+ Certification, or equivalent hardware experience;
- Microsoft certifications would be an asset
- Strong understanding of networking (IP addressing, vLANs, troubleshooting utilities like Ping, IPCONFIG, etc)
- Good knowledge of Active Directory and Office 365
- Experience with Switches and Firewalls and Antivirus technologies
- Experience with VMWare Virtualization
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Candidate must have the ability to provide detailed documentation, and be able to work effectively and independently
- Stay on top of current technology trends
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Multitasking skills;
- Logical troubleshooting skills;
- Experience with current Microsoft products and operating systems (Desktop and Server);
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
MetOcean telematics offers a competitive compensation package along with RRSP matching and a 100% employer paid benefits plan.
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@MetOcean.com with IT Specialist as subject title.
Check us out http://www.MetOcean.com/