Head Office: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of Employment: Permanent
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on niche MetOcean solutions, custom defence and security products.
MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The company has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environmental monitoring, vessel tracking and defence & security systems.
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Lead, the Jr. Mechanical Engineer’s primary function is to design products or processes to effect the quality of production, efficiency and manufacturability. The role performs activities concerned with designing, testing, and manufacturing of electronic components, products and systems, and in the development of products for commercial, industrial, military and scientific uses.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the mechanical design of products with SolidWorks, incorporating PCBs, machined components, injection-moulded plastics, 3D Printed parts, with considerations for cost, mechanical integrity, manufacturability, and assembly.
- Develop manufacturing assembly procedures and helping in failure investigations
- Design jigs and fixtures for manufacturing/production.
- Perform mechanical tests for product verification.
- Create, review and update engineering documentation
- Work across multiple functional teams to ensure the most effective project outcome
- Proficient with SolidWorks
- Manage CAD files with SolidWorks PDM (nice to have)
- Experience using product life-cycle management (PLM) software
- Some experience in designing and testing marine and submersible products
- Hands on mechanical aptitude and the ability to problem solve creatively
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering
Please submit a cover letter and resume with (Jr. Mechanical Engineer) as the subject title to HR@metocean.com.