Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data, and complete end-to-end satellite IoT services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on maritime solutions and custom defence and security products.
For more than four decades, we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet.
We are looking for an experienced Manager, Quality Assurance to help improve MetOcean’s overall product and service quality. This role will be responsible for planning and directing our quality programs and formulating quality control policies within our manufacturing department. The key objective is to ensure our processes, products and services are scalable and capable of driving sustainable growth.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Manager, Quality Assurance will:
- Act as a champion for change; improving business performance and quality
- Take a ‘lead by example’ role in monitoring, reporting and improving product yield, product repairs and product returns
- Optimize manufacturability, assembly, testability, cost and quality of products and components
- Lead the individuals responsible for developing and supporting the manufacturing test and tracking platform
- Ensure the Quality Management System (QMS) is in compliance with ISO 9001 Quality Standards
- Define, develop and implement manufacturing processes and quality procedures in partnership with department staff
- Ensure that detailed analysis of failures, root cause and corrective actions to manufacturing process, purchased components, assembly processes and/or product design are being done as required
- Coordinate with inspection staff and supply chain manager to assure the relevant quality requirements are established for our external supply chain
- Lead investigations that assist in finding the root cause of product performance issues
- Facilitate corrective and preventive compliance actions for quality related issues
- Review engineering change orders and manufacturing documentation for accuracy
- Engineering degree required (Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical) and/or combination of relevant experience
- Minimum of 5+ Years of practical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Dynamic Leader with strong problem-solving skills with 2-4 years prior supervisory experience
- Ability to make rational, objective and appropriate decisions relating to company needs
- Working knowledge of Quality Management System procedures and documentation
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the electromechanical assembly industry is a must, including PCB design/assembly
- Knowledge of machining/finishing would be beneficial
- Experience with the development, manufacturing & testing equipment, fixtures & processes for electrical connectors, harnesses and/or equipment would be beneficial
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing
- RRSP matching of 4%
- 100% Employer paid group benefits
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Manager, Quality Assurance as the subject title.