Location: Dartmouth, NS (Burnside)
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
About MetOcean Telematics
MetOcean Telematics is one of Nova Scotia’s and Atlantic Canada’s Small & Medium Top Employer!
We are leaders in Satellite IoT-enabled solutions and we design and manufacture right here in Dartmouth, NS. We are a global provider of innovating full spectrum telemetry products, options, and solutions for the environment, marine, defense, and security clients. Our mission is to connect the world without limits. We ensure critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world. We value collaboration, innovation, achievement, and connection. We are a growing organization and looking for talented individuals to join our growing team.
About the Role
You will be responsible for building and maintaining mobile application for iOS and Android. This will encompass all application views that a user interacts with and interface to device telemetry. Reporting to the Director, Software Engineering, your role also involves working closely with back-end developers to implement their serve-side work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, maintain, and improve user experience for mobile platforms
- Optimize applications to improve performance
- Design mobile-based functionalities and features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Collaborate with the software development team members to discuss and improve the usability and user experience
- Engage with existing back-end systems and development standards
What you’ll bring:
- Experience developing mobile application using cross-platform development tools, React Native
- Excellent User interface design skills
- Experience integrating motion and positional, communication via BLE, TCP, and SMS • Experience with Databases technologies
- Ability to promote usability and user experience best practices
- Experience in C# .net Core and ReactJS is an asset
- Knowledge about object-oriented design and programming skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- High energy level with the ability to think creatively – passionate about the business
- Employer RRSP matching of 4%
- 100% Employer paid group benefits
- Corporate gym membership rate
- Generous vacation + personal day policies + paid time off over the holidays
- Training and development
- Monthly team building activities
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable being themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
MetOcean Telematics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Are you interested?
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore, we look forward to hearing from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume with Mobile Application Developer as the subject line to HR@metocean.com
Check us out http://www.metocean.com