Location: Dartmouth, NS or Ottawa, ON (offices in both locations)
Type of employment: Full Time
Benefits: MetOcean provides employees with excellent total compensation including profit sharing, a
RRSP matching, 100% employer paid group benefits, extensive vacation, and personal days.
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider, designer and manufacturer of satellite and
cellular IoT enabled solutions. MetOcean’s products span across oceanographic & environmental
monitoring equipment, naval targeting and covert surveillance markets.
For more than four decades we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing
and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications, designed innovative
hardware products, and created industry leading software and situational awareness
solutions. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is created, transmitted, received, processed,
analyzed, and visualized in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world.
Come join one of Canada’s Top Small/Medium Employers! https://www.canadastop100.com/sme/
Reporting to the VP & General Manager, Products, the Product Manager will work to understand the
needs and challenges of our customers, translate those insights into ideas for investment and new
product development or existing product enhancement.
The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product
lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the
product vision, monitoring performance, recommending adjustments to pricing or promotion to counter
competitor responses and working with customers to identify potential enhancements. The Product
Manager will work closely with engineering and sales to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction
goals are achieved.
• Help feed and facilitate the product idea generation, evaluation and go to market processes
• Be an expert within MetOcean’s market segments
• Possess both the technical expertise and business acumen to ensure strong financial
performance on new product ideas
• Monitor the market health of our existing portfolio and recommend changes or deprecation
o Monitoring of competitive product offerings
o Monitor regulatory changes that affect our key markets
o Recommendations on product changes and lifecycle changes
• Actively generate and pursue new product ideas
o Propose new product ideas based for near and long-term market opportunities
o Help build the product/technical roadmap
• New Product proposals
o Work directly with customers to solicit market information to vet market requirements for new
products and services.
o Bring product proposals through the evaluation process
• Bring approved activities/projects into product development
o Generate accurate requirements for products/services that can be accepted/handed over to
o Collaborate with product development to ensure the design meets the needs of the customer
o Facilitate and communicate the prioritization of approved projects
o Farm for enhancements/feature additions for our software platforms that positively affect our
ROI, then work with engineering on planned releases
• Own and facilitate the go to market process
o Run Beta programs
o Determine and facilitate the go to market activities
o Create product positioning sheets (for sales and marketing) including pricing recommendations
o Ensure marketing and sales strategies align with the product positioning
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration (MBA preferred).
• A minimum of 3-5 years of Product Management experience
• Good understanding of a product’s life cycle
• Able to identify new products and solutions and follow market trends
• Superior written and verbal skills
• Data-driven decision-making and quantitative analysis skills
• Success in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
• Solid technical background with hands-on experience in the electronic/telecommunications
Competencies and Attributes:
• Research Skills
• Communication Proficiency
• Decision Making Ability
• Data Driven
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Product Manager as subject title.