Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of Employment: Full time, Permanent
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on niche MetOcean solutions, custom defence and security products.
For more than four decades, we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The company has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, vessel tracking and defence & security systems.
Our head office is located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing and working closely with internal and external stakeholders, the Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining and expanding relationships with strategically important customers and for ensuring that the Sales department has all the tools, resources, and systems to achieve their sales revenue targets.
In this capacity, the Sales Manager manages support functions essential to sales productivity and success. These include planning; reporting; aiding in quota setting for the Inside Sales department; providing support to facilitate opportunity conversion; sales process optimization; sales program implementation; providing input to sales compensation design and administration; and the recruitment and selection of sales personnel.
- Direct and manage Sales Support staff to efficiently support the sales department.
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategies, systems, tactics, metrics, budgets, resource requirements, and action plans, to grow and support sales revenue targets and future growth targets as they relate to managing the Technical Sales Support and Inside Sales teams.
- Analyze business processes and collaborate with Sales Department to identify opportunities to streamline processes, and measure the results of activities.
- Develop Sales Support metrics and track and report on the performance and productivity of the Sales Support team.
- Ensure the department has the adequate skill sets and resources to provide exceptional support for the Sales department.
- Develop and communicate sales support strategy to the management team.
- Supports the equitable assignment of Inside Sales quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Coordinates training delivery to Inside Sales personnel.
- Provides input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs for the Inside Sales department.
- Build and maintain a collaborative environment by emphasizing teamwork.
- Provide accountability for the team; coach and develop staff.
- Complete performance reviews and create Professional Development Plans for each member of the team.
- University Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- 10 years experience in sales and sales management or equivalent
- Experience developing sales strategies, tactics, and performance metrics
- Experience in working with an enterprise CRM system
- Ability to effectively manage a cross-functional team
- Thorough understanding of the Sales cycle and associated processes
- Proven ability to effectively interact with Senior Executives
- Advanced computer application skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Exceptional written/oral communication skills in English (proficiency in another language is an asset)
- Strong presentation and training skills
- Ability to travel
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing
- RRSP matching
- 100% Employer paid group benefits
Please submit cover letter and resume to with Sales Manager as the subject title to HR@metocean.com .