Front-End Software Developer
Location: Whiteley, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Type of Employment: Full Time/Permanent
MetOcean Telematics is expanding its UK business and has opportunities for Software Engineers who are self-motivated and able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team. You must be degree-educated and fluent in English, with the ability to communicate and understand requirements in order to provide a suitable solution for your customer.
There are two positions we are specifically looking to fill. You must have an Honours degree (or equivalent) in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related degree, and the ability to achieve UK Security Clearance. The requirements for each position are laid out below:
- C# and Java
- Object-oriented programming, and design patterns
- Infrastructure (network, storage) and information security
- Data Modelling
- System integrations, interfaces and interactions
- Unit testing
You must have at least one year of applied knowledge in a working environment, delivering quality software on time while adhering to quality processes.
A proven track record of;
- Developing conceptual models and high-level designs
- Developing infrastructure (network, storage) and information security
- Advising on IT Architectures
- System Integrations, Interfaces and Interactions
- Selecting best tools, frameworks, hardware, software and other IT elements to achieve functional objectives
- Object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Using C++, and C# or Java
- Delivering quality software on time while adhering to quality processes
Also of interest skills for both positions
- Building REST APIs using open, API standards and gateways, Spring for Android
- Front0end development in ReactJS, RESTful web service or similar frameworks
- Experience of working with microservices
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on MetOcean Telematics marine solutions and custom defence and security products. We have assisted customers, worldwide, with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications.
MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The Company is a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environmental monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defence and security systems.
Competitive salary with income protection and 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
BUPA medical scheme, pension scheme, life assurance and an Employee Assistant Programme
Onsite parking and subsidised Starbucks
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, Click Here to Apply.