Location: Whiteley, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Type of Employment: Full Time/Permanent
MetOcean Telematics is expanding its UK business and has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer who is self-motivated and able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team. You will be degree-educated and fluent in English, with the ability to communicate and understand requirements in order to provide a suitable solution for your customer.
Our vision is to have one global Software team working across all MetOcean Telematics products; the experience you will bring to the team is integral to the success of this project. The UK based Software team is currently made up of five people, developing both new and existing software, including a new Android.
You will have a proven track record of:
- Using C++, and C# or Java
- Object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Selecting best tools, frameworks, hardware, software and other IT elements to achieve a functional objective
- Delivering quality software on time while adhering to quality processes
- Developing conceptual models and high-levels of designs
- Developing infrastructure (network, storage) and information security
- Advising on IT Architectures
- System Integrations, Interfaces and Interactions
- Building REST APIs using open, API standards and gateways, Spring for Android
- Front-end development in ReactJS, RESTful web service or similar frameworks
- Experience of working with microservices
- C# and Java
- Object-oriented programming, and design patterns
- Infrastructure (network, storage) and information security
- Data Modelling
- System integrations, interfaces and interactions
- Unit testing
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on MetOcean Telematics marine solutions and custom defence and security products. We have assisted customers, worldwide, with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications.
MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The Company is a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environmental monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defence and security systems.
Competitive salary with income protection and 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme – employer matched contributions up to 9%
BUPA medical scheme, life assurance and an Employee Assistant Programme
Onsite parking and subsidised food and drink outlet
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, Click Here to Apply.