Location: Whiteley, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Type of Employment: Full Time/Permanent
MetOcean Telematics is expanding its UK business and has an opening for a 12 months fixed term contract Software Test Engineer with a view to permanent employment. You will be self-motivated, able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team, degree-educated and fluent in English.
The Software Test Engineer will champion software quality within the business and influence the usability of their products. The main role is to ensure the output of the development team meets the acceptance criteria through automated, unit and system testing of software for defence and security systems.
You will have the ability to achieve UK Security Clearance without delay.
Responsibilities will include;
- Creating and implementing test strategies
- Testing application software both at the unit and system level
- Analysing automated test reports and present results to the software team
- Managing and maintain software test tools
- Testing complete products consisting of both hardware and software
- Assessing and Improving the quality of testing using methods such as coverage analysis
- Managing issues/bugs list, including clarification of issues and appropriate prioritisation with respect to other feature development
- Packaging releases, including approvals and documentation
- Experience of writing tests using C++ and C# would be desirable
- Championing new testing techniques and tools
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on MetOcean Telematics marine solutions and custom defence and security products. We have assisted customers, worldwide, with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications.
MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The Company is a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defence and security systems.
- Competitive salary with income protection
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas closure
- Pension scheme – employer matched contributions up to 9%
- BUPA private medical insurance, life assurance and an Employee Assistant Programme
- Onsite parking and subsidised food outlet
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, Click Here to Apply