Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Type of employment: Regular, Full-time
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on niche MetOcean marine solutions and custom defense and security products.
For more than four decades, we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The Company has been a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environment monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems.
Our head office is located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
As a part of the Technical Support Team, the Technical Support Specialist will use their product management /customer service skills to resolve customer’s issues by working with various departments within MetOcean Telematics to drive solutions.
- Provide technical product support in product application, selection and troubleshooting via the phone.
- Utilize industry-related experience, formal training and on-the-job learning opportunities to achieve and maintain a high level of technical expertise on the products MetOcean sells.
- Capture and channel information to provide product teams/suppliers feedback about products based on interaction with customers and field personnel.
- Develop, coordinate, teach, and evaluate training and education tools to field employees with the skill and knowledge to effectively resolve customer needs as it relates to technical products.
- Foster an environment of teamwork and open communication by sharing information, learning from and teaching others, following established processes and recognizing exceptional performance.
- Perform data entry tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Evening/weekend/holiday hours may be required from time to time.
- 3+ years in a customer-focused technical support role
- Knowledge of CRM or helpdesk programs needed
- General knowledge of computer software applications and electronics
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented and organized, ability to multitask
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team and self-motivated individual settings
- Proven customer service skills, with the ability to maintain strong external and internal customer relationships by identifying and anticipating their needs, then meeting / exceeding their requirements and expectations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must have computer skills, to include; email activity, navigating the internet and MS Office applications.
- Occasional evenings, Saturdays, or overnight travel may be necessary for product training.
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing
- RRSP matching
- 100% Employer paid group benefits
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Technical Support Specialist as the subject title.