Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Type of Employment: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with internal and external stakeholders, the VP, Sales, and Business Development would be responsible for maintaining and expanding relationships with strategically important customers and for ensuring that the Sales department has all the tools, resources, and systems to achieve their sales revenue targets.
In this capacity, the VP, Sales and Business Development manages support functions essential to sales productivity and success. These include planning; reporting; aiding in quota setting for the Sales department; leading and developing a team; providing support to facilitate opportunity conversion; sales process optimization; sales program implementation; providing input to sales compensation design and administration; and the assistance in recruitment and selection of sales personnel.
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales employee engagement
- Evaluate the success of sales programs and implement changes/improvements to ensure goals are achieved – increasing results and growing the business in revenue and profit
- Set sales targets and accurately forecast annual, quarterly, and monthly revenues
- Develop, coach and mentor an established sales team to ensure targets are met and surpassed
- Analyze business processes and collaborate with Sales Department to identify opportunities to streamline processes, and measure results of activities.
- Continue to build on the existing performance management process to build a strong pipeline of new business opportunities
- Analyze sales activity and trends to provide realistic forecasts and increase your team’s output
- Provides input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs for the Sales department.
- Represent the company at various trade shows, industry events and other, including speaking engagements and webinars to build a strong reputation and brand
- Ability to travel locally as well as internationally on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Complete performance reviews and create Professional Development Plans for each member of the team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business; Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- Proven experience as VP Sales or Head of Sales (10+ years minimum)
- Strong knowledge and experience with Salesforce
- Industry Experience in Satellite Telemetry or Defence & Security
- Experience developing sales strategies, tactics, and performance metrics
- Proven capability to successfully lead a cross-functional team of 10+ employees
- Thorough understanding of the sales cycle and associated processes
- Exceptional track record of running profitable and productive business operations
- Advanced computer application skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Exceptional written & oral communication skills in English (proficiency in another language is an asset)
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Experience traveling internationally and within North America
- Competitive compensation & Incentive plan
- RRSP matching of 4%
- 100% Employer paid group benefits
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on MetOcean Telematics marine solutions and custom defense and security products. We have assisted customers, worldwide, with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications.
MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The Company is a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environmental monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defense and security systems.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with VP, Sales and Business Development-Contract as the subject title.