Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Type of Employment: 12 month contract
Reporting to the Production Line Manager, the Assembly Technician is responsible for assembly, processing, programming, activating and testing of MetOcean’s products, often using a microscope or magnifier, a soldering iron, and various dispensing tools. The Assembly Technician makes the product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with an established assembly team to build miniature transmitters
- Assembles miniature electronics and small mechanical parts
- Uses fine soldering processes including surface mount technology
- Potting and encapsulation of electronic assemblies
- Uses electronic test instruments including multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Records test results
- Meets quality and production standards
- Adherence to ISO quality system
- Mechanically inclined, comfortable with using a variety of hand tools
- Ability to sit, stand, bend and twist
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective member of a team
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to read and comprehend schematic engineering drawings and manufacturing instructions
- High School or College
- 0-3 years of experience, previous electronic or mechanical assembly preferred
MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider of satellite voice, satellite data and complete end-to-end telematics services. Our business ranges across many different industry sectors, with a focus on MetOcean Telematics marine solutions and custom defence and security products. We have assisted customers, worldwide, with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications.
MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is transmitted, received and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere on the planet. The Company is a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environmental monitoring, with specialization in the production of air-deployed and ship-deployed drifting buoys, search and rescue buoys, oil spill tracking buoys, ice platforms and acoustic systems, and defence and security systems.
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR@metocean.com with Assembly Technician-Contract as subject title.