For the purposes of all applicable data protection laws, MetOcean Telematics is the “data controller”. This means that MetOcean determines the purposes for which and the way your data is processed.
MetOcean may collect the following data from you and/or your organization as part of your account set-up and regular usage of the app:
- Email address(es)
This data may be linked to other information MetOcean has collected from your organization, including, but not limited to, billing and contact information, and devices or services purchased.
MetOcean may also automatically collect the following derivative data when accessing MetOcean’s servers while using the app:
- IP address
- Access times
- Mobile device type, operating system, and version
Use of your Data
Collecting this information allows MetOcean to provide you with an efficient and effective experience for configuring and using your devices. Specifically, we may use it for the following purposes:
- Creating and managing your account
- Emailing you regarding your account, devices, or services
- Providing technical support or customer service for your devices or services
- Compiling statistical data and analytics for internal use
- Monitor usage and trends of the app and our services
- Improve the efficiency or capabilities of the app and our services
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas as required by law
Disclosure of Collected Information
Under certain circumstances, MetOcean may share collected information with external partners. These are as follows:
- If the release of information is necessary to respond to legal processes or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others as required by any applicable laws or regulations.
- With third parties performing services for MetOcean, such as data analysis or customer services.
- As part of MetOcean’s previously described use of Firebase Analytics.
- With the MetOcean partner or reseller from which your device was purchased.
- With advertisers or investors for the purpose of MetOcean’s general business activities and analysis, as permitted by law.
- In the event of the sale of business assets related to the Orion app, or MetOcean’s merger with or acquisition by another entity.
Removal of Collected Personal Information
You may at any time update the information in your account or terminate your account by contacting MetOcean’s Support department (email@example.com). Upon receiving your request to terminate an account, MetOcean will remove or deactivate your account and information from active databases. Some information may still be retained in order to troubleshoot problems, assist in investigations, or comply with other legal requirements.
11 Thornhill Drive
MetOcean may also be reached via telephone at +1 902 468 2505, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.