Through powerful Java programming, the Iridium Edge Pro collects and processes data based on operational requirements, including exception-only reporting that can minimize operational costs from anywhere on the planet.
The Iridium Edge Pro is a standalone satellite device with a Micro EJ Java application-programming environment. The device consists of a power supply, dedicated Iridium antenna, dedicated GPS antenna, BLE, four configurable inputs/outputs, RS232, RS485, and CAN bus in an environmentally sealed enclosure. It contains an Iridium Short Burst Data (SBD) modem which allows remote devices to send and receive satellite messages from anywhere in the world.
Like Iridium’s SBD transceivers, the Iridium Edge Pro is ready for integration in a solution for a specific application. Using an SBD transceiver, users can design and manufacture their own customized hardware. However, with the Iridium Edge Pro, Iridium provides its users a generic finished device such that they do not need to design, build, and in many cases certify to add satellite capabilities to their existing terrestrial solutions. The Iridium Edge Pro is a stand-alone satellite device. It can be integrated into an application or solution in a remote location and communicate through the Iridium gateway to a backend application.
With Iridium Edge Pro, create customizable end-to-end monitoring solutions for vessels, vehicles, and remote equipment using Iridium’s best in the class two-way network and truly global coverage. The ruggedized packaging makes it an ideal solution for:
- Vessel Monitoring Systems & Fisheries
- Electric Generator or Genset Management
- Long-Haul Vehicle Telematics and Fleet Management
- Refrigerated Container Monitoring
- Oil and Gas Machinery and Cathodic Protection
- Heavy Equipment and Construction Machinery
The key benefits of the Iridium Edge Pro are;
- Quick partner (VAR) development using Java
- True Global Coverage
- Common services including geofencing, event logging and position reporting
- Easily paired with cellular solutions using programmable interfaces
- Standalone finished product for GPS tracking
- Programming over the air
- Low-cost development kits available
- Eclipse based IDE and Virtual Device emulators
- MicroEJ® Java-based software development tools
- Iridium 2-way communications with remote configuration capability
- Bluetooth Capability for Wireless Sensor Integration, plus CANbus and Modbus interfaces